Schedule an Information Session
Schedule your information session through BruinView™. Career Center staff will make arrangements for space and assist with your refreshment and equipment needs. Please note that information sessions are fee-based starting at $250. For questions, please call us at 310.206.1902 or send an email to BruinView@career.ucla.edu and we'll be happy to clarify.
A group information session is typically used to complement a campus interview schedule, although it can be an effective "stand alone" event. Presentations may be targeted to all interested students, or to an invitation-only audience, such as students who have signed up for an interview. Students will view information session details at the BruinView™ web page.
In general, an information session can serve two primary purposes:
This type of session can be held several weeks prior to your interview date. The event is an effective way to:
- Increase your campus presence and visibility
- Stimulate interest by providing an industry, company, and career path overview
- Publicize and promote your campus recruitment plans
- Boost resume submissions and encourage interview signups.
Maximize Interview Schedules
This type of session is most effective when scheduled a night or two before your interviews. You may use the session to:
- Explain details about your recruiting process to students who have signed up for interviews
- Address general topics such as your corporate culture, benefits packages, and other topics that would otherwise take up valuable interview time
- Talk to students who did not submit a resume in advance and “pencil in” additional interviews for unfilled slots on your schedule
- Meet and evaluate students in an informal setting prior to one-on-one interviews.
For your convenience, Career Center staff will make arrangements for space, refreshments and equipment. Specific cancellation guidelines and fees apply to information sessions, depending on the venue. Details will be provided at the time your information session is confirmed.
A variety of venues offer flexible seating and presentation set-up. Information sessions typically take place during the evening hours and last from one to two hours.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
Any refund requests submitted at least five business days prior to a Fair or Targeted Event are subject to a $75.00 processing fee.
No refunds will be issued for any cancellation submitted five or fewer business days prior an event. However, you may transfer your registration to another scheduled event at no cost.
Please submit all cancellations or transfer requests via email to BruinView@career.ucla.edu.